Listen to article or read below
This month we’ll be exploring:
• Branding-How to Create a Clear Message in the Minds of Your Potential Customers
Do You Send A Clear Message?
Are you sending mixed messages?
• Does it seem like your potential customers don’t understand what you offer?
• Could they explain how your product or service makes their lives better?
What Can Customers Expect From You?
Branding is important because it answers the question in the mind of potential customers:
• What can I expect from you?
How Well Do You Communicate?
Branding is simply another word for good communication about what your small business can offer potential customers to solve their problems.
Branding Forms the Foundation
Here are three reasons branding is a foundational skill that separates your business from your competitors:
• First, better communication with potential customers means they can know, like and trust you faster.
• Next, when they know, like and trust you…they are more likely to open their wallets.
• And finally, when you focus your marketing efforts on the right message, you don’t waste time and money with things that don’t help and could even hurt your business.
In this month’s series, you’ll develop a strategy for personal and company branding that expands your market.
• You’ll learn how to create a clear top-of-mind message for your business in the minds of your potential customers.
THIS MONTH’S OBJECTIVES
Over the course of this month you will:
- Design your unique selling proposition (also called a USP) to include key concepts that turn “lookers” into “buyers”
- Define your perfect customer so you are spending your marketing time and money attracting the right audience to your business.
- Distinguish between benefits and features for your business and list solutions that are important to potential customers.
- And create a Business Identity Tool-kit to fuel amazing business growth.
YOU CAN DO THIS!
How do we do this?
- Our learning program was uniquely created to eliminate common excuses for why people don’t apply proven skills to grow their small business.
EXCUSE #1: I DON’T HAVE TIME!
Do you have 10 minutes to grow your business?
- Each individual lesson is designed to take about 10 minutes to walk through. Our “snack-sized” modules fit together and build on each other.
- Our online learning “drive-thru” is open day and night to fit into your busy schedule.
EXCUSE #2: IT’S TOO OVERWHELMING!
Our roadmap lays out a series of simple steps to get you to the end result:
- Increase sales and grow your business the SMART way.
Each week we break down the week’s concepts in a series of short lessons.
- Each individual lesson is designed to take about 10 minutes to walk through.
You will eliminate the time and money spent “guessing” how to market your business and get the job done with a minimum of hassle.
EXCUSE #3: I’M MORE OF A “HANDS-ON” LEARNER
We recognize that adults have different learning styles.
- That’s why we’ve incorporated multiple approaches.
Whether you prefer to read, listen, or you’re more of a hands-on learner who wants to cut right to the chase, our learning library has amazing value for you.
You can learn and practice the basics of internet marketing and directly apply the concepts to grow your business.
- You can also choose the level of personalized support you want.
- Our supported plans back you up each step of the way and keep you moving forward to reach your goals.
WEEK-BY-WEEK ONE STEP AT A TIME
Here’s how the internet marketing topic of Branding is broken down for this month:
By the end of the first week you will have developed your unique selling proposition so that potential customers understand what you are selling and why they should buy from you.
- This will transform your understanding of the reasons why people buy into a USP that capitalizes on your strengths and supports your business goals.
By the end of the second week you will have identified the characteristics of your perfect customer and named key connection points between potential buyers and the people they listen to for their buying decisions.
- Understanding these common connection points helps you develop marketing priorities which keep you from wasting time and money.
By the end of the third week you’ll differentiate between the features and benefits of your business and pinpoint how what you offer solves the problems of your perfect customer.
- You’ll create a big promise that gets at the heart of what your potential customer really wants from you.
By the end of the first month, you will have created marketing materials that clearly communicate your business message to potential customers.
You’ll put together a Business Identity Toolkit including:
- A Branded Name
- A supporting Tag-line
- Coordinated colors and fonts
- Header Logo
- And a valuable group of marketing materials and templates
You will develop these elements with a single focus on clearly communicating your business message to potential customers.
WE EVEN TOSS IN SOME BONUS LESSONS
We also include bonus lessons on harnessing the power of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- By the end of the first month you will be able to create a basic logos, images and favicons using these little-known features of this powerful presentation software.
TIME TO TAKE ACTION!
So let’s get started by moving to Week 1: Your Unique Selling Proposition
- In this week you’ll look at the first step to branding by identifying what makes your business special?.
This is called your unique selling proposition or “USP.”