Listen to article or read below
• In this module you’ll take the next step to growing connections with your audience so they can know, like and trust you…and turn into satisfied customers.
WHY DON’T PEOPLE STAY IN TOUCH?
Do you talk with people that seem interested in your products and services, but you never hear from them again?
Are you starting to build some traffic to your website, but you don’t seem to get any requests in your very complete “Contact Us” form?
Are you wondering what’s wrong?
BUILDING A LIST STILL MATTERS
Building a list of contacts is critical to the success of your business because without contacts you don’t have sales.
• This has been true since the beginning of commerce.
Sure, the methods used to gather contact information have changed over the years.
• We no longer put it in a big rolodex by our phone.
But the importance of building a solid list of people interested in your products and services has never lessened.
Our focus for this module is to:
• Reinforce the importance of solid list-building techniques
• And bring you up-to-date with the new methods used by internet marketing to continue the conversation with your audience in an effective, yet cost-efficient way.
REACH OUT AND TOUCH SOMEONE
This module’s series of five lessons helps you to reach people who may be interested in your products or services…but do not want to buy right now.
- It also lets you inform your audience about things they care about and grow the connections between you.
You’ll explore a variety of real-life tips for building your contact list.
THIS MODULE’S OBJECTIVES
Over the course of this module you’ll:
1. Review why building your list is the cornerstone of growing connections with your audience.
2. Walk through an overview of how to build your list-the easy way with best practices for list sign-ups.
3. Learn the secret of getting people to opt-in and why less is more when it comes to building your list.
4. Discover the basics of list management and how to keep a “clean” list that works for you.
5. And stay out of trouble with a review of the key concepts of the CAN-SPAM Act.
YOU CAN DO THIS!
This module’s topic is broken into 5 short lessons complete with Practice Guides.
Don’t forget to use your email lifelines during the month if you get stuck.
Here’s how the internet marketing topic of building your list is broken down for this module:
At the end of lesson 1 you’ll refresh your understanding of why building your list matters so that you can grow connections with visitors and convert them to satisfied customers.
- You’ll discover how spending the effort to get information on the front-end can save you lots of time and money later on.
By the end of lesson 2, you’ll explore ways to build your list with an overview of the most common online techniques in use today.
- You’ll brainstorm methods for your business so that you can continue the conversation with your audience in the future.
By the end of lesson 3, you’ll walk through the most effective techniques for getting people to opt-in to your list.
- You’ll identify your own strategies for increasing the level of opt-in on your website and other outlets.
By the end of this module’s lesson 4, you’ll discover how to manage lists using Mail Chimp and some fundamentals of good list management.
- You’ll learn how to keep a “clean” list that is responsive to subscribers and tuned into your messaging.
By the end of this module’s lesson 5, you’ll review the main parts of the CAN-SPAM Act that cover electronic communication.
- You’ll stay out of trouble by including the key requirements of the law in your emails.
TIME TO TAKE ACTION!
So let’s get started by moving to the first lesson: “Why Your List Matters-The Cornerstone of Growing Connections”
In this module you’ll take a foundational step to growing connections with your audience by integrating “old-fashioned” relationship-building skills with “modern-day” techniques.