Listen to article or read below
Last week, you focused on what your products and services offer potential customers with the concepts of benefits and solutions.
Now you’re going to bring all these topics together and create a business identity that fuels business growth.
LOOK GREAT ON THE CHEAP
You’re just getting started.
- Money is tight.
But you still want a professional-looking brand-complete with logo, and corporate identity package.
- You’ll need business cards, letterhead and banners.
But how can you do all that and still keep the costs down?
FIRST IMPRESSIONS MATTER
Having a professional looking business identity is important because customers often make decisions about whether they know, like and trust you based on that first impression of your business card and corporate identity materials.
Our focus for this week is to:
- Put together the elements that create a strong business identity
This week’s series of five lessons will help you discover a variety of low and no-cost tools to use that will help you create and grow your brand while keeping your costs down.
- You’ll create the key elements of your business identity.
THIS WEEK’S OBJECTIVES
Over the course of this week you’ll:
You’ll put together a Business Identity Toolkit including:
- A Branded Name
- A supporting Tag-line
- Coordinated colors and fonts
- Header Logo
- And access a valuable group of corporate identity materials and templates
You will develop these elements with a single focus on clearly communicating your business message to potential customers.
YOU CAN DO THIS!
This week’s topic is broken into 5 short lessons complete with practice guides.
- Don’t forget to use your email lifelines during the month if you get stuck.
Here’s how this week’s topic of creating your business identity is laid out:
At the end of Lesson 1, you’ll have reviewed examples of superior branding.
- You’ll integrate these ideas into a brandable experience concept for your business to create a clear and compelling message around the benefits you offer to potential customers in a way that’s consistent with your brand.
At the end of Lesson 2, you’ll understand the difference between personal and searchable branding and conduct a search for an available domain name using Godaddy.com
- You’ll select a supporting domain name and tagline for your business.
At the end of Lesson 3, you’ll discover basic color and font concepts that make your branding look professional.
- You’ll select a compatible color palette and font selection for your brand.
At the end of this week’s Lesson 4, you’ll take advantage of Microsoft PowerPoint’s easy-to-use tools for creating a logo image and other marketing images.
- You’ll create an easily editable basic logo image for your business that can be used with your website and other business identity material.
At the end of this week’s lesson 5, you’ll review sources of low-cost, professional-looking corporate identity packages and business cards.
- You’ll select a business card concept with matching corporate identity package from one of several low-cost providers.
TIME TO TAKE ACTION!
Let’s get going with Lesson 4: Creating your business identity.
In this week, you’ll take the next step to creating a branded, clear message that shows a professional image
to the world.