Listen to article or read below
In the last module you spent a lot of time on keyword research.
Now let’s look at what the search engines do with those keywords and explore techniques to get found online and build traffic to your website.
DO YOU WANT MORE TRAFFIC?
Your website is the most beautiful creation possible.
• But no one is finding you.
Your online traffic consists of you, your mom and some guy in a foreign country looking to sell you services guaranteed to rocket you to page one of Google.
• Is that what it takes to get there?
• Is there some secret society that has the magic code?
KEEP SEARCH ENGINES AND PEOPLE HAPPY
It is important to understand how search engines use keywords and other criteria so you can make the best use of the time and money you spend on your site.
• The goal is to please both search engines like Google and human visitors.
Our focus for this module is to:
• Discover what is important to search engines and people
• And explore ways you can directly influence getting your site found
This module’s series of five lessons will help you practice simple search engine optimization techniques that will increase your site ranking.
PEEK BEHIND THE CURTAIN
You’ll gain new insights into what is going on “behind the curtain” of search engine optimization and put these strategies to work in the “real-world.”
START BUILDING TRAFFIC
By the end of this module you’ll discover an “easy to implement” list of things you can do to improve your website ranking on search engines such as Google.
• The application of these methods will move your online traffic results from a “hope and a prayer” to a solid basis for growth.
THIS MODULE’S OBJECTIVES
Over the course of this module you’ll:
1. Gain insight into what search engine optimization really consists of…so you are an informed consumer of SEO services.
2. Discover how to get attention from both search engine “spiders” and people…so that you increase your visitor traffic.
3. Explore the primary ways traffic is driven to your site.
4. Look at simple “local search” techniques that can increase the odds of getting found by visitors looking for local businesses.
5. Identify a number of SEO scams to be alert for and understand the huge penalty your site will pay if you engage in these schemes.
YOU CAN DO THIS!
This module’s topic is broken into 5 short lessons complete with practice guides.
- Don’t forget to use your email lifelines if you get stuck.
Here’s how this module’s internet marketing topic of your “Search Engines” is broken down:
At the end of lesson 1 you’ll list the main parts of search engine optimization.
- You’ll pull back the mysterious fog surrounding SEO so you can become more intelligent and deliberate in distinguishing which techniques are ethical and effective.
At the end of lesson 2, you’ll be able to list a number of attention-building simple-to-implement SEO techniques.
- You’ll use this list to develop a clear plan of what you can do to get attention from both search engine “spiders” and people…so that your site traffic will go up.
At the end of lesson 3, you’ll discover how to spot the two primary types of online traffic and list the pros and cons of both types.
- You’ll identify when to use these types of traffic to your advantage.
At the end of this module’s lesson 4, you’ll identify techniques that improve your local search results for your website.
- You’ll create a list of steps you can take to raise your website ranking for local visitors.
At the end of this module’s lesson 5, you’ll become aware of SEO scams and alert to the consequences of using these “black hat” techniques.
- You’ll be able to avoid the pitfalls of unscrupulous SEO “experts.”
TIME TO TAKE ACTION!
So let’s get going with Module 6: “Search Engines-How to get found online”
In this module, you’ll take the next steps to build traffic to your website with methods that move your online traffic results from a “hope and a prayer” to a solid basis for growth.