Sometimes all you got to do is ask!
Paying influencers doesn’t necessarily have to mean financial compensation. All it takes on your part is being attentive to their needs, as well as being courteous and thankful when they do what’s required of them.
Yes, it can be as simple as that!
How to Get the Word Out!
Let your existing customers know that you want referrals and you may be surprised at the outcome. Existing customers can be really helpful for any small business lead generation program. Make the referral request a part of all your customer communications and marketing materials. Some great examples are:
“We love referrals. If you had a great experience, please tell your friends and neighbors.”
“We are looking for 3 more satisfied customers this month. Do you know someone else who could benefit from our products or services? Please contact us at…”
And finally be nice, and say thank you. Help the goodwill to spread.
Incentive Ideas for Influencers!
As long as your influencers are convinced that they are going through an exclusive experience working with your brand, they will be more than happy to help out. Some good ideas include:
- Featuring influencers on an elite website or social group
- Start social rewards programs where you can provide a percentage of all sales referred by them to their favorite charities.
- Creating a Pinterest board to highlight all the uses your influencers got out of your brand
- Blogging about your influencers
- Tweeting a thank-you to your influencers, for using and recommending your products or services
Build on-going advocacy for your brand by making sure your influencer understands your company and its products and sees the bigger benefit provided by them.
Your influencers can be your secret weapon for an effective Small Business Marketing Plan, when it comes to more interest in your brand and higher traffic to your website.