Listen to article or read below
Last week you drafted your unique selling proposition.
Now let’s look at who you communicate with and how?
- This is where the concept of your “perfect customer” comes in.
WHY SHOULD THEY LISTEN TO YOU?
You have a great message to communicate about your company.
• But who is the right person to send this message to?
• And why would they listen to you about their purchasing decisions?
FINDING YOUR PERFECT CUSTOMER
It is important to determine who your perfect customer is because it answers these questions for your business:
• Who am I trying to reach and why should they listen to me?
Our focus for this week is to:
• Determine your perfect customer and make them real to your business
• And identify other people who shape and influence your perfect customer’s buying decisions
THIS WEEK’S OBJECTIVES
This week’s series of five lessons will help you identify who to communicate with and find influencers who can help get your message across.
- You’ll learn how to find a potential customer who values what you have to offer and is receptive to building a deeper connection.
Over the course of this week you’ll:
1. Create a detailed profile of your perfect customer
2. Identify when your actual customer is not the same as the person who uses your products or services.
3. Scout out places where your perfect customer looks for solutions on the internet.
4. Determine some of the potential influencers for your products or services.
5. And find the connection points between your perfect customers and their influencers so you know where to concentrate your marketing efforts.
YOU CAN DO THIS!
This week’s topic is broken into 5 short lessons complete with practice guides.
- Don’t forget to use your email lifelines during the month if you get stuck.
Here’s how this week’s internet marketing topic of your “perfect customer” is broken down:
At the end of lesson 1 you’ll list the qualities that describe your “perfect” customer.
- You’ll use this profile to develop a clear picture in your mind of who you are talking with in your marketing materials.
At the end of lesson 2, you’ll be able to identify when the actual customer is not the same person as who uses your products or services.
- You’ll know when to incorporate dual messaging in your marketing materials.
At the end of lesson 3, you examine where your perfect customer is engaging with others on the internet.”
- You’ll identify a “short list” of marketing targets for your branding strategy.
At the end of this week’s lesson 4, you’ll identify who the potential influencers are for your perfect customers.
- You’ll create a list of influencers to engage with and provide valuable, sharable information.
At the end of this week’s lesson 5, you’ll find the connection points between your perfect customers and their influencers.
- You’ll make a prioritized list of connection points to get you started and concentrate your marketing efforts.
TIME TO TAKE ACTION!
So let’s get going with this week’s first lesson: Who is my perfect customer?
- In this week, you’ll take the next step to branding a clear message by identifying who you are talking with and giving them a compelling reason to listen to you.