Listen to article or read below
Week One Overview: Unique Selling Proposition
Before you can deliver a clear marketing message you need to understand what makes your business special.
• This is called your unique selling proposition or “USP.”
What Are You Selling?
Can you clearly tell your potential customers what you have to offer?
• Do they understand how your solution solves their problems and makes their lives better?
Why Should I Buy From You?
You unique selling proposition is important because it answers this question on the minds of consumers:
• Why should I buy from you?
What Makes You Special?
Your “USP” is simply another way to describe positioning your business.
• You do this so potential customers can easily differentiate what would make them buy from you instead of someone else…or even worse-do nothing at all.
Our focus for this week is to:
• Transform your understanding of the reasons why people buy
• And find a market niche with growing potential that:
o Capitalizes on your strengths and…
o Supports your business goals
THIS WEEK’S OBJECTIVES
This week’s series of five lessons will help you define and communicate what makes your business special.
- You’ll learn how to clearly communicate your unique selling proposition that differentiates your business from your competitors in the minds of potential customers.
Over the course of this week you’ll:
1. Include emotional drivers in your USP to convert people from “lookers” to buyers with your message.
2. Define why people should buy from you instead of someone else so that you list this differentiator in your marketing message.
3. Examine how people use the internet to find solutions to their problems so that you enter a market that is growing.
4. Use keyword research to speak the same language that potential buyers use when they are looking to buy.
5. And develop your unique selling proposition that incorporates what you’ve learned.
• This USP will clearly communicate what you offer so you have the best chance of successfully growing your business.
YOU CAN DO THIS!
This week’s topic is broken into 5 short lessons complete with practice guides.
- Don’t forget to use your email lifelines during the month if you get stuck.
Here’s how the internet marketing topic of your unique selling proposition is broken down for this week:
At the end of lesson 1 you’ll recognize what moves people from “just looking” to “sign me up”
- This will transform your understanding of the reasons why people buy into a “USP” that capitalizes on your strengths and supports your business goals.
At the end of lesson 2, you’ll be able to list reasons why people want to be your customer so that:
- You’ll include these differentiators in your marketing messages.
At the end of lesson 3, you examine what people’s internet surfing habits mean to the future market niche for your business so that:
- You’ll identify a market niche that is growing not shrinking.
At the end of this week’s lesson 4, you’ll have a list of key words and phrases potential customers use when searching on the internet so that:
- You’ll “speak the same language” as potential buyers in the words and phrases you include in your marketing materials.
At the end of this week’s lesson 5, you’ll select an expanding market niche and list the unique selling proposition that makes people want to buy your goods and services so that:
- You’ll promote your business uniqueness where you have the best chance of successful business growth.
TIME TO TAKE ACTION!
So let’s get going with Lesson 1: Why People Buy
- In this week you’ll take the first step to branding a clear message by identifying you’ll take the first step to branding a clear message by identifying your unique selling proposition.